Barbara currently concentrates her practice primarily in the areas of estate planning and probate administration and the formation and operation of tax-exempt organizations including private foundations and public charities. She also has extensive experience counseling clients in the areas of federal and state income taxation of businesses and individuals.
Barbara is an adjunct faculty member at the University of Southern Maine School of Business where she teaches taxation, commercial law and professional ethics to both undergraduate and graduate students. Prior to joining Bergen & Parkinson, Barbara gained experience as a tax practitioner at a national public accounting firm and a law firm, both located in Portland, Maine.
- State University of New York College, J.D., magna cum laude, 1994
- State University of New York College, M.B.A., magna cum laude, 1995
- State University of New York College, B.S. Accounting, summa cum laude, 1990
- New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- Maine Bar Association
- Friend of Cocoons (Director)
- Animal Welfare Society (Former Director)
- Thomas College Master of Science in Taxation (Former member of Board of Advisors)