Laura White is a partner in the firm’s litigation and employment practices group. With Bergen & Parkinson, LLC since 2011, Laura’s track record involves successful, aggressive representation of both individuals and business owners facing litigation. A tireless advocate for her clients, Laura handles matters in Federal and State courts throughout Maine, as well as the Maine Human Rights Commission. For employers, she provides advice on HR topics such as separation and termination, compliance issues, employee benefits, wage and hour violations, and handbook drafting.
In the personal injury realm, Laura has achieved impressive results for plaintiffs in auto accident, medical malpractice, and products liability cases. She started her career practicing insurance defense, which now provides useful insight into negotiating insurance claims.
A 2006 cum laude graduate of the University of Maine School of Law, Laura was an editor of the Maine Law Review, a clerk in the West Bath District Court, and an intern at the Cumberland County District Attorney’s office and Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic. Before attending law school, Laura was a social worker practicing home-based family counseling in Penobscot and Piscataquis counties. She graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Maine in 2000 with a B.A. in psychology.
Laura is actively involved in the Maine State Bar Association (Labor & Employment Section/Women’s Law Section) and the Maine Employment Lawyers Association. She also serves on the Board of Governors of the Maine Trial Lawyers Association. Laura is admitted to practice in Maine, Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the District of Maine, and the First Circuit.
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- University of Maine, B.A. Psychology, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2000
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
- Nation's Premier NAOPIA Top Ten Attorney-Personal Injury
- New England Super Lawyer®, Super Lawyer Rising Star (2016)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Maine State Bar Association (Labor & Employment Section Member)
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Maine Employment Lawyers Association (Member)
- Kennebunk Free Library (Trustee)