Bergen & Parkinson, LLC, with offices located in Kennebunk and Saco, seeks an experienced accounting manager to join its Administration team.
- Day to day management of the Firm’s financial systems.
- Communication of financial information to Firm Owners and Firm Administrator.
- Monitoring daily online status and monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Maintaining the general ledger and monitoring the Firm’s Accounts Receivable
- Trust Accounting, Deposits, and financial processing related to retainers, electronic bank transactions and real estate and other closings.
- Oversight of the Firm’s Accounts Payable process including monitoring check requests and credit card processing.
- Timely and accurate billing of all legal services.
- Production of Firm financial reports.
- Understanding of Payroll System and ability to process Firm payrolls.
- Working with outside accountants to provide information related to year-end to support the timely and accurate filing of tax returns.
- Support of Firm Administrator including back-up as needed which
- Human resources and benefits administration
- IT troubleshooting
- Facilities issues
- Marketing projects
- Some formal accounting education or training, college degree preferred.
- Five years managing accounting operations preferably in a professional services organization.
- Proven ability to keep internal/external information confidential.
- Need to be extremely comfortable with electronic systems and have an aptitude to troubleshoot minor software and hardware “glitches”.
- Previous experience with HR and Organizational Policies as well as Benefits Administration is a plus.
- A part-time and/or partially remote schedule is negotiable.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. The firm provides paid health, life, and disability insurance together with a Health Reimbursement Arrangement for deductibles. 401K and pension plan included. Dental and supplemental life insurance are available. We offer a friendly working environment and will accommodate remote work requirements when possible. Qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of interest and resume to:
Dave Bois, Firm Administrator
Bergen & Parkinson, LLC
62 Portland Road, Suite 25,
Kennebunk, ME 04043