Bergen & Parkinson, LLC, with offices located in Kennebunk and Saco, seeks an experienced paralegal to join its Probate and Trust Administration team. Our paralegals provide support to our attorneys and regularly interact with clients in person and by phone and video.
- Monitoring and assisting with all aspects of the administration and management of estates, guardianships, conservatorships and trusts.
- Preparing and filing probate forms and communicating with probate court on pending matters.
- Organizing and maintaining probate administration files and monitoring deadlines.
- Regular communication with clients.
- Significant paralegal experience in a law firm, government, or business environment working on probate administration matters, preferably in the State of Maine. The firm will consider experienced law firm paralegals with other backgrounds, but strongly prefer those with estate planning and probate experience.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products including especially Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Maine Probate procedures and experience using and electronic filing of Maine probate administration forms.
- An ability and willingness to work independently; and to also communicate and collaborate effectively with co-workers.
- Excellent and demonstrable organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, as well as a solid mathematical skill set.
- Knowledge of basic real estate and corporate practices as well as gift, estate, and fiduciary income tax issues and returns is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary range is $47,500 to $65,000, depending on experience, together with 3% 401k contributions and annual bonuses. The firm provides paid health, life, and disability insurance together with a Health Reimbursement Arrangement for deductibles. Dental and supplemental life insurance are available. We offer a friendly working environment and will accommodate remote work requirements when possible. Qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of interest and resume to:
Jack Hathaway, Firm Administrator
Bergen & Parkinson, LLC
62 Portland Road, Suite 25
Kennebunk, ME 04043