Bergen & Parkinson, LLC’s employment law group represents employers and employees covering the full range of legal issues that arise in connection with the workplace. Our expertise includes but not limited to:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA – Wage and hours issues)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Whistleblower actions
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Workplace safety & health (OSHA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Sexual Harassment issues
- Discrimination based on race, sex, and pregnancy
- Wrongful termination and harassment
- Breach of contract claims
- ERISA matters
We have extensive experience and a proven track record in these areas and have worked with a variety of government agencies including the Maine Human Rights Commissions, Department of Labor, and the Maine Unemployment Commission.
In addition, Bergen & Parkinson, LLC attorneys work with businesses and start-ups to preemptively ensure they have the right policies and procedures in place, including employee handbooks, employment contracts, and restrictive covenants. We assist businesses at all stages of the employer/employee relationship including matters relating to non-compete agreements, severance, and termination.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”